The children participate in on-site and off-site emergency evacuation procedures during the course of each year.
In the case of a drill or real life situation, children will:
- Listen carefully to their teacher for instructions.
- Leave all belongings in the classroom.
- As a class group, follow the designated evacuation route from the classroom.
- Move quickly and quietly to the allotted area near the flag pole.
- Respond when their name is called from the roll.
- Follow the specialist teacher’s instructions regarding evacuation and route to the flagpole when attending specialist classes.
In the event of an emergency, procedures can be found posted near the doorways of all rooms. Please make yourself familiar with these procedures and be prepared should an emergency evacuation be required during your presence in the school.